Before you start
- Not all TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, or Home Theater systems have Internet capability. You can check if your unit is Internet-capable in your device specifications on our support website.
- You will need access to a Web browser on a computer or another Internet-capable device.
- The Prime Video app usually comes pre-installed on Sony TVs. However, the app can also be downloaded from the Google Play Store on an Android TV.
- Only Android TVs can download apps. Other TVs does not have this apps pre-installed and it is not available for download.
- If you can’t download apps on your TV, learn how to use streaming services (e.g. Amazon Prime Video) on non-Android TVs.
- Learn how to check if you have an Android or a non-Android TV.
- The Prime Video app is available in over 200 countries and territories (as of November 2020), however, the availability of the app may vary depending on the country and the type of TV you have (Android vs non-Android).
How to access the Amazon Prime Video app and register your device
- Using the supplied remote control, press the HOME or MENU button.
- Select Video, Application, My Apps or Apps, depending on your model.
- Select the [Prime Video] app. The location of the Prime Video app thumbnail may vary depending on your TV model.
- Select [Sign in], as shown in the screenshot below.
- Note the six-letter registration code that appears on the screen (e.g. L98ZKR), as shown in the screenshot below. (You will need it in Step 8 to register your device to your Amazon account).
- Open the Amazon sign-in page in an Internet browser on your computer or other Internet-capable device.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime account or create a new account.
- Enter the registration code from your device, (e.g. L98ZKR), then select [Register Device].
- If the registration is successful, the TV page from which you received the six-digit code will update automatically. You will then be able to view Prime Video content on your TV.
- To manage the devices registered to your Amazon Prime Video account, log in to your Amazon Prime Video account on your computer or other Internet-enabled device and click [Manage my device].